“INNOCON BANGKOK 2019”
A part of The INTERNATIONAL AIR RAIL TRANSPORT SUMMIT TO SHOWCASE THAILAND’S IMPRESSIVE INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS TO GLOBAL INVES TORS
More than 500 delegates from 30+ countries to gather in Bangkok on 20th November 2019 for a major
conference to be attended by Thailand’s top government ministers and key industry figures
The Annual INNOCON Bangkok is our marquee event, a part of The International Air Rail Transport Summit (Air Rail 2019) will arrive in Bangkok next month, as the world’sleading lights in the urban infrastructure sector gather to discuss the opportunities and challenges facing this dynamic industry.
This year, the conference will focus on Thailand’s air rail infrastructure pipeline and what can be learned from mega-projects from around the world. With many major developme nts currently coming to a conclusion, and many more planned in future, Air Rail 2019 will examine Thailand’s priorities post 2020 and what action is required from all stakeholders to ensure the country’s long-term success.
Planned and organised by the International Air Rail Organisation (IARO), Project Planning Service (PPS) and PPS OneWorks, this intensive one-day event is expected to attract mor e than 500 delegates from 30-plus countries worldwide. Delegates will be able to learn from many of the industry’s most influential figures from Thailand and beyond, with over 30 high-level speakers.
The full-day event will device by, A morning packed with over 600 high-profile delegates and interesting discussions from local and international industry leaders and public autho rities, the afternoon followed by two focus sessions:
- Air Rail Development – Explore global trends in technology, operations, development, marketing and branding of rail links to airport, as well as best-practice expertise in rail services to airports.
- InnoCon Bangkok – As digital technology continues to power a new era of infrastructure construction, leading experts discuss how best to leverage the increasingly large amounts of data and technology to increase benefits to all.
Dr. Phongthon Tharachai, CEO of Project Planning Service (PPS), and Mr. Giulio De Carli, Managing Partner of OneWorks, will open the event and provide an insightful overview of the state of the industry, before introducing H.E. Lorenzo Galanti, Italy’s Ambassador to Thailand, who will discuss “Why Thailand is a key destination for infrastructure investme nt in Asia”.
The conference will also hear from Mr. Voravuth Mala, Governor of the State Rail way of Thailand, who will reveal “The vision for Thailand’s railway network” and Mr.Surachet Laophulsuk, Assistant Governor, Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (MRTA) who will talk about “The construction of urban electric train and the challenging step for Thailand”. Another important session from The Engineering Institute of Thailand, under the patronage of H.E. The King, will examine why “Innovation and investment in talent is essential for Thailand’s future succes s”.
Other key speakers will include:
- Mr. Simon Earles, President of The International Air Rail Organisation (IARO),
- Dr. Somprasong Suttayamully, Director, Office of Fare Media Business of Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (MRTA),
- Mr. James Cornelius, Public Transport Strategy Lead for Heathrow International Airport,
- Mr. Sonesak N. Nhansana, former Deputy Director General of Laos Railway Department Ministry Public Works and Transport, Laos PDR,
- Mr. Prinn Panitchpakdi, Advisor to the Deputy Prime Ministry Jurin and New Economy Board of Director
- Mr. Chakrapan Pawangkarat, Thai Green Building Institute (TGBI),
- Dr. Ekarin Vasanasing, Deputy Manging Director of Krungthep Thanakom,
- Ms. Suphin Mechuchep, Managing Director of Jones Lang LaSalle (Thailand) JLL,
- Mr. Han Chung Heng, Senior Vice President of Oracle for EMEA, Asia Pacific & Japan, and
- Mr. Andy Saunders, Surface Access Strategy Manager for Manchester Airport Group (MAG).
Bangkok is currently undergoing an urban transport infrastructure boom, with a series of upgrades being commissioned to connect the city’s 10 million inhabitants and 20 million annual international visitors with three airports. At present, the 28.4km Airport Rail Link connects downtown Bangkok with Suvarnabhumi Airport.
The new High-Speed Rail Linked 3 Airport Projects will open up Thailand’s Eastern Econo mic Corridor (EEC) with two new connecting routes to Don Mueang International Airport in north Bangkok and U-Tapao International Airport in Rayong province, totalling 220km of seamless railway routes with maximum speeds of 250kmph.
These are among the most extensive and ambitious air rail infrastructure developments currently being undertaken anywhere in the world, and Air Rail 2019 will shine a light on the strategy, planning, partnerships and funding that are required to make these initiativ es a success. Air Rail 2019 will be hosted on Wednesday 20th November 2019 at Centara Grand at CentralWorld Bangkok. For more information and to book your place at this important event, please visit airrailsummit.com.